Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fighting The Hot

So here goes....my first little foray into the wide world of blogging. And why not....I have plenty of time to ramble on about whatever I wish.

Now, most married couples that I know have what I like to call a "freebie." This is someone of the opposite sex that you can get it on with and have no reprecussions from your significant other. Whether, any people ever actually get to have a crack at their freebie....I don't know...I've never actually heard of it, but a girl can dream can't she. Mine is Daniel Johns, the lead singer of Silverchair. Yep....which is probably why my husband has vetoed any and all ideas of a vacation in Australia.

Back in the day....I became infatuated with a long haired and slightly femmy...now that I look back...boy. Here he is in the 1990's.
yes....I probably spent a good portion of my teenage years swooning over him. And don't lie, I'm sure several of you did too. Although...check out them brows...one word....wow.

Then, more recently he chopped off the long locks....I could even get on board with a more mature, yet still sessy as hell Daniel Johns. In fact, now that I'm a little older myself, long hair on guys doesn't quite make me swoon as it once did, currently it just leads to a slew of questions about hair care, detangling, and sharing product with their mothers, wives, or girlfriends. Yes...I know...its much more disturbing when you think of it like that. Also, I'm sorry for ruining the love of the long hair for the few of you left that love it.

See...he is still super hot.....but wait....


This morning, I log on to FB and see these new pics of him at the Groovin' the Moo goings on in Australia and there is this:



Seriously....WTF....purple....and not vibrant, cool looking, punky purple. Granny rinse purple. Which slightly reminds me of Mrs. Slocombe in the British comedy "Are you being served."





If any of you can actually remember that show....freaking hilarious. Although it was really not appropriate for children I watched hours of that show...and never really caught all of the pussy jokes....until now. If you've never seen "Are You Being Served"....you are missing out. You can check out a clip on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjVg96xxwtE.

Yes...I am thoroughly bothered....please for the love of hotness....reinstate a less granny lovin' color. Thankfully, hair grows ... and dye is only temporary. So please... I beg of you...quit fighting the hotness.

Also a shout out to Chris and Ben, the other 2 members of Silverchair.....Chris who has never fought the hotness....and Ben....who was once fighting it....but is clearly on the road to recovery. (I'll save odd moustaches for another rant.)



3 comments:

  1. Ok, you are hilarious and yes i will be checking your blog, probably quite often, to get my dose of funny for the day! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apryl Berranger-EliasonMay 5, 2010 at 6:16 PM

    Hehe, this is great :) Keep posting on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...I had to go back to read your very first post. don't ask me why. I guess I've decided that I'm curious about what the people I follow started writing about when they started blogging.

    I'm impressed by your writings. :)

    ReplyDelete