Wednesday, May 5, 2010

ICP...Back and Badder Than Ever?

Whilst I went through my slightly rebellious phase as a teenybopper, I decided that the song "The Neden Game" by the Insane Clown Posse was an awesome song....even though my mother hated it. She hated it with good reason, seriously, listen to it. Upon listening to it again, a decade later, it makes me cringe, yet I still know all the words. I guess that is what happens when you play a song on repeat for a good six months......and yes, I realize admitting that is slightly embarrassing.

ICP were completely bad ass....all about swearing and violence, which at the time I thought was cool, I guess. Anyways...they seemed pretty hardcore to me. Which probably doesn't really mean that much since I am about the furthest thing from hardcore that there is.....unless we're talking scrapbooking.

In case you aren't familiar with them....here is where you can catch "Neden Game" and the lyrics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSKj02nuVF0 ... see...I bet if your daughter was listening to that crap you would be thoroughly impressed too. (btw...for my readers at work....you might want to turn your speakers WAY down.)

I had long since forgotten about ICP and "The Neden Game" and really anything else that they may have performed, when I happened to stumble across their newest gem.













WOWZA....I know that several of you are busting a gut....because I sure am.

Just a slight departure from their earlier work, non?

Although they may need a bit of a schooling about what exactly constitutes a miracle.



"15,000 juggalo's together"...yeah...That would not be a miracle to me, more like a nightmare....perhaps if I managed to live through it without being shanked. I suppose I may classify that as a miracle.


Wikipedia defines one as :"Juggalo or Juggalette (the latter being feminine) is a name given to fans of ICP or any other Psychopathic Records hip hop group. Juggalos have developed their own idioms, sets, slang and characteristics. Common characteristics include drinking the inexpensive soft drink Faygo and wearing face paint." It also claims that they have some famous members, such as.....bad ass extraordinaire....Vanilla Ice??? WTF I really have a hard time picturing anyone singing.... Ice, Ice, Baby as a bad ass....(FYI...his real name is Robert Matthew Van Winkle....which still isn't bad ass....sorry, anything with the name Van Winkle sounds like it belongs in a children's book)


On second thought maybe 15,000 juggalos together isn't as scary as I thought....face paint, cheap pop, and Vanilla Ice....wait a second....this sounds vaguely familiar to a slumber party that I went to in the 80's (with the exception of the 15,000 thing...I think there were only 5 of us)


Great...after listening to this song on repeat while I wrote this little blurb, I have it stuck in my head...because dammit....
Do you recognize and believe in miracles.....


and by the way.... he was right...."that shit shocked my eyelids!"

I'm off to find solace in my itunes....here goes Corey Hart....if "Sunglasses at Night" can't get this out of my head....nothing will.

No comments:

Post a Comment