So Butter Ripple Liquorlips is considering a change of pace. She's thinking that perhaps she should take some time to travel and perhaps work in Australia. I've decided to inform her of a few things she might not have thought about.
Sure, everyone knows about their beautiful beaches, the surfing, and the Uggs...(not everyone considers that a pro....but I do....yes go ahead and judge me by my poor choice in footwear...hey at least they aren't Crocs.) Also, for those of you who haven't visited my blog for a while and are unaware of my borderline unhealthy Silverchair fascination, they hail from down under as well. And don't forget, you can see Kangaroos and Koalas and a bunch of other animals that you will only see here in a zoo. Everyone knows all these great things about Australia, but here are some things you should consider:
1) They have spiders as big as your head....I heard that once and I choose to believe it.
2) Contrary to popular belief a Tasmanian Devil will not be outsmarted if you pretend to be a rabbit.
3) They 'dispose' reindeers...yep...Santa usually uses Reindeer...but not there...he uses kangaroos(hence the six white boomers song)...so what happened to the reindeer????? (yeah....just what I thought)
4) They always say....Bob's your Uncle....well really, If he's everyone's uncle, isn't that just a bit creepy.........?!?!?!?!
5) Whats with saying "Fair Dinkum" ???...I find it highly inappropriate to comment on the size of a gentleman's package. (Unless it means something else....in which case...I'm perplexed.)
6)You must wear earplugs or the didgeridoo will hypnotize you and you will think Vegemite tastes good.
7)You should avoid anywhere that there may be crocodiles.....Crocodile Dundee is too old to save you.
8)You can never have children if you live there.....Dingos eat them.
9) I am starting to question their sanity....a GROWN Australian man got himself some vanity plates that say "BIEBER".....you know as in Justin Bieber....the 16 year old singer/boy every 13 year old is swooning over....and apparently this 34 year old also thinks he's pretty cool.
So there you have it....a few Australian tidbits that you may not have thought about...
by the way....I googled fair dinkum....not as sketchy as I thought.