Thursday, June 17, 2010

Vanity Plates....The Good, The Bad, and The Funny

Vanity Plates. I always thought the key to a good vanity plate required a bit of thought, but not too much, since those reading it may only have a few seconds to gather the intel.

This would be an example of a vanity plate that is bad...( unless your idea of cool is crossing the Red Sea on foot...ok...so that does sound kind of cool):




Yep...they actually put a biblical verse on their car. And curiosity got the best of me and I figured out just what was in John Chapter 3, Verse 4. "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." Although, I don't quite get why you'd want it, only other super-Christians would know what it meant, but perhaps that's the idea. Really....do that many people memorize biblical passages....on second thought, don't answer that.

This one....also NOT cool....unless perhaps you're a garbage man....then I can see the irony.



...here are some good ones:

Who didn't love The Goonies?.....


(WHAT??? You didn't love the Goonies....its a classic!)

Isn't that awesome?!

Well...just goes to show you that the DMV/Registry Office is full of
a) geniuses - who thought that this would be hilarious.
or
b)idiots - who didn't catch just why someone in Virginia would want to put 'eat the' on their licence plate.



and this.....



don't get it?....


here's a little refresher for you:



What's that....it means nothing to you? How can that be?!?!? Its classic 80's....I suggest you listen to it again.

There was a time when I wanted my number to be 867-5309 (ok...so that isn't true...not even a little bit.) .....then again after watching this video they aren't quite the heartthrobs that I imagined.

1 comment:

  1. Of course people memorize bible passages, remember Flanders : )

    ReplyDelete